The Art of Doing: Code 40 Challenging Python Programs Today!

LeHoan

Administrator
Nov 16, 2006
Hanoi
www.lehoan.net
1580086524842.png
Description

Hello, my name is Michael Eramo. I am an experienced educator, life long learner, and a self-taught programmer. I hold official Bachelor’s Degrees in Music Industry, Education, and Physics, a Master’s Degree in Mathematical Science, and a certificate in Software Development from Microsoft. While I owe my extensive knowledge base in Music, Physics, Mathematics, and Education to the many great educators I have worked with, my understanding of Computer Science is all my own.

I have never taken an “official” computer science course; I am completely self-taught. However, do not let that deter you from taking this course! Instead, let it motivate you that you too can learn anything you want to. Not only have I done it, but I’ve come to realize what works best for the self-taught programmer, and I have perfected the process!

See, I had this deep fear right after my son was born that I was done growing as an individual; that the person I was at 30 was going to be the same person I was at 55. I felt that there was literally ZERO time in the day to do anything other than go to work and be a dad. That is, until I bought a book on Computer Science, and a sense of wonder was woken. I’ve read countless books, watched hundreds of videos, and put in thousands of hours exploring and writing code. I would routinely wake up at 3:00 AM to learn for a few hours before I had to go to my full time job, teaching high school, before I went to my part time job of teaching college. Days were long, but getting up at 3:00 AM to read, to learn, or to code benefited me more than a few extra hours of sleep. It helped me realize that I was never done learning; never done growing. To me, that is what defines a life long learner.

I have years of classroom experience as a high school Physics teacher, Computer Science teacher, and college Mathematics professor. I am part of the New York State Master Teacher Program; a network of more than 800 outstanding public school teachers throughout the state who share a passion for their own STEM learning and for collaborating with colleagues to inspire the next generation of STEM leaders. Most importantly, I know what motivates people to learn on their own; to find a way to create time to learn, when there is no time to be had. I understand that time is valuable and that all learning should be engaging, meaningful, and have purpose.

Take this course